Saturday, November 19, 2011

Spring Internship

As you may (or may not) remember I was offered an internship with Vidalco wines last spring, well let's just say that did not turn as well as I had hoped. I had fun and learned about new wines but in the end it wasn't the right internship for me at that time. I am always looking for opportunities to get my foot in the door of the hospitality industry in Charleston, so when I found out the City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs was looking for spring interns I did not hesitate to apply Wednesday and was super excited when I was contacted later that day to come in that today for an interview with Kristin Claire (whom I adore - she is fabulous!) So naturally after meeting with her and hearing all the wonderful events I would get the chance to help with this spring ANYONE would have been an idiot to pass it up! 

Starting at the beginning of 2012 I will be officially apart of the Office of Cultural Affairs with Charleston - this means I will be helping with the Piccolo Spoleto Festival! Kristin Claire also let it slip that interns are responsible for the opening block party for Spoleto - from start to finish! I can not wait for that! :) OCA's other projects include: Holiday Magic in Historic Charleston, City of Charleston Tree Lighting Ceremony, Holiday Parade of Boats, Happy New Year Charleston!, Charleston Farmers Market, LowCountry Quarterly Arts Grants Programs, The New Perspectives Gallery, City Gallery as Waterfront Park and so many more! 


What a CRAZY semester I am going to have in the spring - full-time work schedule, full-time class schedule AND this internship - but it will be SO WORTH IT! Once I get started with Cultural Affairs expects lots of new blogs! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment